Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Head Concert Recap

On May 19th I was able to attend a concert that I have been waiting for about 4 or 5 years to see. I have blogged about this artist a couple of times, and he has done a couple of interviews on Power Fm in the last couple of years. His name is Brian Head Welch, or Head as he goes by. He performed for the first time in Dallas since leaving the band Korn a few years ago when he became a Christian. I have talked in previous blogs that I was really into Korn when I was in highschool an then after I graduated as well. I became a christian in 2001 and shortly after that, before I found Power FM, I stopped listening to secular music because I was being influenced to much by the lyrics and message of that music, which means I stopped listening to Korn as well. Then I heard that Head had become a Christian and I was so stoked and from that day patientally waited for his music and a concert. I mean a guy that was in one of the biggest bands of the 90s, the time I was growing up, now was in love with Jesus and it would not be bad for me to like his music.

Finally last year his CD, Save me from myself, dropped and I was given the oppurtunity to meet him and talk to him. That made me even more eager for what took place at the Door.
He started out the show with Adonai, a song we play at night. As the show progresses he talked about his conversion and how he wanted to share Christ with others. The longer he played the more I started feeling the spirit going through the place.

He played the song, Save me from myself and after he was done, he asked anyone who needed a change who beeded escape from something to raise thier hands. Then he started praying, not just a regular prayer, a powerful one full of the Spirit, he said repeat after me. "Jesus Christ, I need change I need you in my life. Please come!" He was basically yelling this powerful prayer and asked people that needed change to repeat it. As this took place I almost started crying, especially as the audience was repeating the prayer. I was blown away.

His show was a metal praise service. I haven't felt the spirit that heavily at a metal show ever.
I suggest anyone who loves metal to get his CD and also read his book, both of which are named Save me from myself. Heck anyone who does really like metal should as well. Listen with spiritual ears and you will hear God.

That show was the best show I have seen in a year. I will definately be at the next show he plays in Dallas and I suggest anyone who wasn't there to check him out. You won't be disappointed if you open yourself to be spoken to by the Holy Spirit.

Thanks for reading.
Wes

Wes's previous Head blogs: here and here

No comments: