Thursday, September 11, 2008

Head is Coming!

Some of you may have heard of the band Korn… They are a secular band, whose music meant a lot to me, before I became a Christian, before finding Christ I was in a dark place and was able to identify with their lyrics. Long story short, I found Jesus and no longer need to identify with the stuff their lyrics spoke about and quit listening to their music, because I felt led to only listen to Christian music. Then, about a year or so after I got saved, I heard that Brian “Head” Welch, their lead guitarist and founding member of the band became a Christian. I WAS SO EXCITED BECAUSE I FELT THAT HEAD’S GUITAR PLAYING, was the reason I liked Korn’s sound. I said to myself, “ Man, I can’t wait till he releases a CD. A year or so after that I heard he was writing a book, you can find my review of the book here Save Me From Myself book review . In the book Head talks about writing music, and again I was excited with the prospect that head would be using his talent to write awesome guitar music to share things the Lord has done in his life. Shortly after reading the book I heard he was finally releasing his first single and then the full length album shortly after that. Well, the album, Save Me From Myself, dropped on 9/9/08, and all I can say is…..

The wait for this CD was well worth it! Head did not disappoint with this CD. I like EVERY SONG! My favorite songs are L.O.V.E and Adonai you can get the whole CD off of Itunes, or from his label itself Driven Music Store.

Also, Head is coming to Dallas on September 19, or a in-store book/CD signing at Borders Books in Dallas. You can find out more Info about that on Head's Myspace . Also, on September 18 Head will be doing another on-air interview with Drue. Keep listening for the exact time coming soon.

Wes

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey ya'll I was too excited to hear about Head's coming to Christ, his book, CD and the impact he will have for the Lord. I know he is legit, and really want to read his book. I am a music minister's son and so have grown up with Christian music all my life. I own most everything that is played on PowerFM especially the older stuff. My only concern about the new CD is the video for "flush" is very very dark. I understand what Head is trying to say, because that's where he came from, but was it really necessary to have scantily clad women in a "Christian" video? I don't know if that will be received by non-believers as him changing his life? Drue would you possibly be able to ask him about the video and why he felt the need to have girl on girl action in it? I look forward to hearing the interview, I was just wondering if anyone else has seen the video and what they think about it?

Love the station and keep on rocking for Jesus.

Anonymous said...

I have seen the video. I understand the message. He is reaching to the people that are in the place he was at, and that is something they deal with. At the end of the video it showed how they all woke from death, and the last lyrics in the song.... come on, get up, lets change.... He spoke off the air about it and it makes sense to me as to why it was there... Showing the sin he personally dealt with and the sin those people he knows deal with.

Anonymous said...

Brian is going to be at Borders Books on Mckinney Ave. tomorrow night at 7:00 pm. He can answer any questions you may have about his music, or book or his video.