Monday, April 6, 2009

Mysterious Fruit Smell... ???

One day our receptionist, Tiffany, turned to me and asked if I smelled Fruit Roll-Up. What, huh? No. Then a few minutes later, yes... actually, I do smell Fruit Roll-Up. Apparently for a few weeks she had noticed that the studio smelled like Fruit Roll-Up and every once in a while it would waft into the lobby area where our desks were. I went in to ask Drue if he was eating a Fruit Roll-Up or ... wearing fruity-smelling cologne (which, I don't think he appreciated, haha!)? He wasn't. I didn't really give it much thought after that. But a few days later it happened again... that fruity smell! And again, and again, and now I notice it nearly every day. It only happens in the afternoon (doesn't smell that way when I get here in the morning, or all during my shift - starts up around 4pm), smells strongest in the studio and I can't, for the life of me, pin down where it's coming from. Believe me, we've put our sniffers to work, trying to pinpoint the fruity origin.

So, today I'm sitting here, filling in for Drue and all of a sudden.... FRUITY SMELL! Out of no where. It's a mystery! I mean, at least it's a pleasant smell, not a mysterious offensive smell, right? Anyway, yes... this IS random, but I'm on a mission to find out what that Fruit Roll-Up smell is all about!

Keep rockin' for Christ!
Jade =)
------------------
Ok, we have figured it out! Ok... actually, I have to give Chief Engineer credit for being as smart as he says he is... HE figured it out for me, when I explained the mysterious scent to him. The smell is Christina! Haha. Christina is an employee of the radio station down the hall, and she comes in during the afternoons. The air conditioner for the two main studios in this building are linked (to each other only), so that's why her Strawberry Patch Body Spray gets sucked up from her studio and sent to us down here in this studio at the other end of the building! Wow, mystery solved! I feel better knowing what's going on now! Haha.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am sooo glad im not the only one!! I have smelled it before but I didn't say anything to anyone about it.

Adrian Hummel said...

It's Wes' musical fruit....

Jade Clark said...

Adrian, I said it wasn't offensive! Haha, it's a pleasant fruit smell!