Tuesday, April 28, 2009

GMA Blah Blog

April 17th thru the 24th was my turn to go to Nashville, Tennessee for GMA (Gospel Music Association). It was a blast. I attended a lot of classes intended to help be a better manager of the station, so I hope I learned something. But it was the music entertainment that was so much fun. Every lunch had a showcase of entertainment and every evening you could find something to do. So here is a list of my top 10 highlights:

10) Running into the guys from Manic Drive.
9) Talking to Mac Powell from Third Day.
8) While checking my email at the internet café, I ended up being next to worship leader Billy Buchanan of Fusebox. It was good to catch up with Billy.
7) Meeting Justin Unger who was in the band Across The Sky. Justin is a worship leader now. I told him how much I liked the song “Give It All Away” and how it fit our share-a-thon message well.
6) Going to see local girl Eimi Hall perform in Downtown Nashville. Then hanging out with and going to Burger King with local girl Eimi Hall and Daniel Rosas who played guitar in GS Megaphone.
5) Talking with Sanctus Real at the DJ/Artist reception
4) Talking with Barlow Girl at the DJ/Artist reception, seeing Barlow Girl host a lunch, and then seeing them perform in a private setting (they probably thought I was stalking them but the truth was there was free Chick-fil-a at the private setting).
3) Hearing new band Press Play at lunch.
2) Seeing old time rocker David Huff from David And The Giants and finding out his son plays guitar in Press Play.
1) Going with Daniel Rosas to the Stryper listening party. Michael Sweet played a few of the tracts from the bands new project. IT IS GOING TO ROCK!



Me & Michael Sweet!

Eddie

2 comments:

Jen said...

sweet
i heard barlowgirl played some new songs
get to hear any?

Power FM said...

I sure did but it was with just one accustic guitar. O and some good chicken nuggets.


Eddie