Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Proof is in the Pudding

Hello, Hey, Howz it goin'?!?! Its me, the Druezilla coming to the blog-o-sphere to update you on what REALLY has been going down. So grab a sippy cup like Harvey's got on TMZ, and listen up! Well, we have had some serious artist traffic in the studio as of late. The first guest I would like to talk about is the legendary loud rock/metal band PROJECT 86.

When I was in radio & living in Los Angeles, Ca. circa 2000, I was putting together a show that played only loud hard rock/metal bands. I got a submission from PROJECT 86 for the single 'One-Armed Man' from the Drawing Black Lines album. We loved them, and played the fire outta that song on the show!! In fact I went to go see them on that tour open for Megadeth at the House of Blues on Sunset Blvd., it was pretty awesome. Now almost a decade later they have still got the fire and fury they had even back then, and they are currently touring the latest release Picket Fence Cartel, so as they rolled through the Dallas/FTW area, we got to have them on the show live and catch up. Turns out Andrew Schwab lead singer of the band has another book coming out very soon, and be on the look out for some really cool music videos from the songs off the new record to drop very soon.





Next up to bat, is not my L.A. Dodgers, its KJ-52!!!!
KJ was in town to play with a very interesting individual who actually is a Dallas local, give it up for former President of the United States, George W. Bush. I bet its a trip opening for someone like that. But KJ and I got to sit down live on the afternoon drive show and chat it up. On a side note about KJ, when I dedicated my life to Christ in 2002, KJ-52's album Collaborations was one of the first 10 Christian cds I got, so that album means a BUNCH to me. KJ is no slouch, he has been consistently releasing albums and remixes ever since I first heard of him in '02. Last time I saw KJ was at the GMA's in the hallway of the Tooth & Nail interview rooms. I was on tour w/ Manafest, he and KJ recorded a pretty funny 'white rapper' PSA. You can see it on KJ's youtube channel. The new project from Five-Tweezie, is called Five Two Television, a concept album that has an underlying story that runs through the whole record and ends in a cliff hanger like a good episode of Lost or Heroes. We got to play a few songs from the new album and he talked about the mixtape that is included in the packaging of the new cd.
Finally, as you know I can't go 3 minutes without talking about my favorite Canadian, MANAFEST. I'm gonna be bouncing to Northern Cali. in November to rock 2 shows w/ him out there. He is coming around the bend on finishing up his new album and as soon as we can, I will try to get him to world premiere some of it on PowerFM. Of course he will also have to be in DFW area to do something like that and infact he is going to be here soon. Coming up in December, he and I have several shows confirmed and the details will posted on the bulletin board soon. If you have NOT seen me DJ live with MANAFEST, this will be a true Christmas treat, you might get to hear a new song live in the set. So to my PowerCorps members I want to say a big 'ol thank you, and sharathon hasn't even started yet, but you are the backbone of the station and I know that the seeds are being planted from what you have sown.

Keep up the good work even if its hard, and we will keep reaching people for Jesus with the ministry of amazing modern Christian music, so mad respects from: Drue Mitchell.

No comments: