Monday, September 21, 2009

Bianca gets baptized!



Last night my best friend, Donielle, and I were baptized. It was the most unbelievably emotion thing I have ever been through, and I have so little words to express how blessed I really am. When some friends of ours started a bible study last year, I had no idea how we would all soon morph into this oversized family. When this bible study started I had been saved for over three years, but I had still yet to be baptized, I did not even have a home church. However, when the talks of a group baptism started, I knew this is what I had been waiting for. We waited months and months to lay out the perfect date and time because of so many different schedules, but finally last Sunday we learned that the date was set, and my nerves finally set in.

This past week has seemed like the longest week for me. It is now that I can sit back and realize that it was my mind and soul preparing myself for this baptism. When Sunday morning came around I had a sudden urge to clean. I cleaned my room, my house and even busted out an apricot scrub. HA-HA. I was so nervous; I was doing so much to pass the time.

At the church it was almost surreal. I was filled with butterflies. I was so afraid. My sister took me to the side and she prayed for me. Then her, Donielle and I went to a private room and had a group prayer. I prayed for everyone who was getting baptized to let their old self go and embrace their new self. I told God I was giving myself to him and then I managed to let out a very soft I love you because I was overwhelmed with my own tears.

The baptism began with our pastor Eric Patrick talking about our group. Then I was so blessed to have my favorite singer Lacey from Flyleaf with her husband lead us in praise and worship. It was very special for me to have the singer who’s music introduced me to the love of God sing at my baptism. Lacey is so anointed in the spirit of God, and the music really hit me spiritually as well.

Finally I along with my best friend Donielle, our friend Rachel, Becky, Dustin and Eric M. walked up to the tub with our pastor. One by one we were emerged in water as Lacey and Joshua sang my absolute favorite worship song “How He Loves Us”. I watched everyone get dunked, and it was so special to see these people I love get baptized.

After the baptism we ate and had fellowship together. It was amazing, and the time went by so fast that we were all lingering the parking lot not wanting to go home.

I spent so many years not wanting to understand the actual point of a physical baptism. But, today I get it. I feel like a new person. I feel amazing!

More pictures from the baptism, can be found here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love you Bianca. I am so blessed to have been able to be a part of this beautiful spitiual event. I know the past we both come from (I am her sister if anyone is wondering) and I know how hard you have fought to get and stay out of the devils grasp. I am so proud of you!!!
And the worship music blew me away, that is my new favorite version of 'Oh How He Loves Us' THANK YOU: Pastor Eric Patric and family for all that you do, to the Mosleys for your love of Christ that is so evident on your faces and to Donielle and Bianca for being such great sisters