Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Catchin' Up With Drue

So, I just finished the, 'Adventures of Mana & Mitchell' tour of East Texas/Louisiana. It was a killer run of shows dj'ing for my main emcee Mr. Manafest. I tried to Twitter the tour follow me at: twitter.com/djdruemitchell. We saw TONS of kids come to know Christ each night and made some killer new friends. We didn't get to see any alligators, but I heard they like to eat Canadians(*Mana is from Toronto), but we did get in some skating, saw Transformers II and I found a interesting little record store called 'Twin City Records' in Monroe, LA. This tour Mana was writing a bunch for his NEW cd's (*that is right, plural meaning more than one), which will be out Spring 2010. Keep up with him on his facebook/myspace/website, www.manafest.net and make sure you sign up for his email list, the other day he gave away a free exclusive song, just to the subscribers.

Spin180, not just a syndicated radioshow, not just a weekly live music night, not just a myspace to hear the latest interviews. But coming super duper soon, a podcast as well! We are also going to be selling physical cd's @ the Spin Lounge on Tuesdays. SO if you are missing the show on Sunday night, you can now come to the Spin Lounge on a Tuesday night and purchase the latest show!!! The Spin Lounge is every Tuesday night in Irving, Tx. @ 2901 W. Irving Blvd. Irving, Tx. 75062. Want to have the Spin Lounge come and feature some bands in your area on the broadcast, contact me (*drue@kvrk.com) and we can work it out.

The 2009 Warped Tour is coming to my town this week. I am bummed that I had to miss Cornerstone this year, but it was for a good cause (*touring w/ a Tooth & Nail recording artist). Some reason the Warped Tour is always in town when I am at Cornerstone, I have to say I am super stoked and looking forward to seeing: Underoath, Thrice, The Devil Wears Prada and Ivoryline. I wish there were MORE Christian acts on the freakin' Warped Tour. Back in March I broke down and subscribed to AP Magazine, and I have been reading and following the wind up to Warp. I'm always shocked each month of the amount of coverage and advertisements from Christian bands in that secular magazine. Well, I have a boat load of PowerFM & Manafest stickers I am gonna be passing out while I am at the Warped Tour, want one come find me.
Plus I hope to snag some interviews while I am there. Help represent Christian music in the secular realms, get involved, email feedback, flyer for the shows, & support local music retailers!

Keep it LOUD for the LORD in all that you DO!

mad respects,
-drue-

No comments: