Sunday, August 24, 2008

Power FM has spoiled me

After having made a weekend trip back home to Abilene, TX I appreciate Power FM **streches out arms** THIS much!!!
Back in A-Town -- btw giving a city a nickname doesn't make it any cooler ;) -- old school country stations run rampant. The alternative station only plays rap, and the rock station likes to stick to classic rock.
On top of that, we just recently got an extension of Air 1. Now, don't get me wrong here. We are all in this together and I appreciate that they play music that lifts up our awesome God. That being the case, Power FM has me spoiled.

Kutless followed by Thousand Foot Krutch followed by some harder stuff like Spoken and Demon Hunter equals an awesome song lineup.
Air 1 on the other hand enjoys mixing in some Bebo Norman and Brandon Heath. Again, don't take this the wrong way at all. I enjoy their music, but only when I'm in the mood for it. It's just that I happen to always be in the mood for some rock! lol

That is one (of the many) reasons I am thankful for Power FM. How bout you?!

2 comments:

syrinx said...

Definitely! Out in Raleigh/Durham, we only have a national station that plays some pretty mellow stuff. I need my Fireflight!

Anonymous said...

Power Fm has us spoiled too. Here in Wichita Falls, Tx we don't get the station on the radio. (But some po-dunk towns in Oklahoma do....) I have the pleasure of being in Ft. Worth everynight during the week, and I certainly take full advantedge of that. Thank God for streaming audio!!!